Continuous Enrollment at LCA
Why Continuous Enrollment?
Re-enrollment is an annual data collection process that schools use to update enrollment records of the incoming student body. This information is used as the school makes plans for the following school year. Basically, the simple question is: “Are you coming back to school next year?” For our leadership team at Laconia Christian Academy, we need to know how many students we will have on the first day of school.
The LCA leadership team does a lot of planning to ensure that we’re prepared to fulfill our mission every year. Until LCA families “sign on the line” that they’re coming back each year, we can’t make solid plans for staffing, programs, materials, curriculum and facility usage. We take the stewardship of tuition dollars entrusted to us every year very seriously. We want to invest these tuition dollars wisely so that we can provide the best education possible for our students.
Historically, re-enrollment has been an “opt-in” program. We annually ask every family, “Are you coming back?” and ask for a tuition deposit. In a sense, we’ve been penalizing the vast majority of families by forcing everyone to go through this process every year. In past years, we have retained over 90% of our student body. So EVERYONE had to go through re-enrollment for the sake of the 10% that, for one reason or another, left our school community.
By signing your Continuous Enrollment (CE) agreement, you will be flipping that script. Rather than an OPT-IN annual re-enrollment process, LCA’s annual re-enrollment is an OPT-OUT process. In other words, if you’re coming back after signing your CE Agreement, you’ll never have to worry about this again.
- Agreement. By digitally signing this agreement, I (we) hereby opt into Continuous Enrollment (CE). This means that my (our) student(s) will keep coming back to LCA every year unless I (we) notify the school otherwise. I (we) understand that I (we) have until March 1 every year to notify the Laconia Christian Academy school office of any changes in my (our) enrollment plans for my (our) child/ren.
- Penalties for breaking the CE agreement.
- After March 1st and on or before June 30th, I understand that I will be contractually obligated to pay one month of tuition.
- After June 30th and before the first day of school, I understand that I will be contractually obligated to pay 25% of the tuition due for the upcoming school year.
- After the first day of school, but on or before September 30th, I understand that I will be contractually obligated to pay 50% of the tuition due for the school year.
- After September 30th, but on or before October 31st, I understand that I will be contractually obligated to pay 75% of the tuition due for the school year.
- After October 31st, I understand that I will be contractually obligated to pay 100% of the tuition due for the remainder of the school year.
- Unique Circumstances under which disenrollment penalties are waived. Laconia Christian Academy recognizes that family plans change. For any unique circumstances (such as the following) families dis-enrolling after the announced deadline will be exempt from the 1 month tuition penalty:
- Moving/Relocation 25+ miles away from LCA.
- Educational needs for the student that can no longer be met at Laconia Christian Academy as determined by the LCA Student Services team.
- Dis-enrollment at the request of Laconia Christian Academy.
- Other circumstances as approved by the Academy’s Leadership Team.
LCA families who are re-enrolled, but break the agreement by dis-enrolling their students between March 1 and June 30, will be contractually obligated to pay 1 month of tuition penalty based on the prior year’s net tuition obligation. Families dis-enrolling between July 1 and the first day of school will be contractually obligated to pay 25% of the tuition due. While these penalties may seem steep, many schools require a semester or even a year of tuition once a family is enrolled for the following year.
*Please see the CE Agreement for full details.
We’ve built flexibility into this agreement. For major life changes or unique circumstances (moving 25+ miles away from our school, LCA is no longer able to meet your child’s educational needs, your family is asked to leave, or there is some other unforeseen circumstance that our Governing Board approves) there will be no financial penalty.
Once all of our families are on the CE Program, the typical re-enrollment season (January through March) will simply be a communication reminder from the school office informing families that might be thinking about leaving our school to notify us prior to March 1st. If last year is any indication, this means that over 90% of LCA families will have the convenience of ignoring this message and doing absolutely nothing!
In past years, families were asked to re-enroll and pay their Student Activity Fee (SAF) as a non-refundable tuition deposit by March 1. Families failing to meet the March 1 deadline were charged a $150 re-enrollment fee. CE is a once-and-for-all process. Once you sign your CE Agreement, you’ll never have to deal with re-enrollment again – “Set it, and forget it!” In the event that your family’s plans change, you’ll have until March 1 every year to notify the school office and face absolutely no penalty.
In an additional effort to simplify CE and reduce the burden on family budgets during the enrollment season, we are making two more significant changes:
- Unless you are a newly enrolling family, the tuition deposit is being eliminated. Where as in previous years, families paid their tuition deposit for the next school year in March, while also making monthly tuition payments for the current school year, with CE there is no deposit required and tuition payments for the upcoming school year will start in June. (If families honor their CE agreements, it is our hope to continue not requiring a tuition deposit in future years.)
- SAF fees are being rolled into tuition. This change will allow families to pay their SAF in monthly installments throughout the school year.
Yes, Tuition Grant awards will be available before the notification deadline of March 1. We have asked FACTS to assess family need based on their current application, current W-2’s, and IRS Form 1040 from your most current tax filings. For example, a family applying for a tuition grant for the 2021-2022 school year will need to complete their grant application by February 1, 2021 and provide FACTS with their W-2’s from 2020 and their IRS Form 1040 from 2019. Award letters will be available before March 1. We believe that assessing need based on the older tax return will make the Tuition Grant application process much easier and expedite the award process.
FACTS applications are due by February 1. Agreements are due by March 1. Families submitting agreements after March 1 are subject to a $150 re-enrollment fee. We look forward to serving LCA families in this way and making the process even more convenient!
Reduced financial stress during the month of March.
Guaranteed placement. With increasing enrollment, and the potential to be at or near waitlisting several of our grades, CE guarantees placement in next year’s class – you’ll be locking down that coveted seat for your child until graduation.
Returning Families Only: Click on the button below to sign the Continuous Enrollment Agreement. Once signed, you never have to worry about re-enrollment again!
If you are enrolling at LCA for the first time, please call the main office and speak to our Admissions Coordinator.